Tuesday 8 March 2016

The perfect Valentine's gift

For Valentine's Day this year Mr Deravelled booked me on a one day course at Guthrie & Ghani, to help me finally get to grips with my overlocker that he bought me two Christmasses ago!  The course was led by Layla Totah, and it was fabulous.  I went in not even knowing how to thread an overlocker, and came out not only confident in my ability to thread my overlocker, but also able to create a wearable top!  If you have an overlocker that is gathering dust because you're too afraid to turn it on, then you're in luck!  They have another class coming up in July, and currently there are still some spaces left!  Go go go!

With Layla's excellent tuition, I now feel assured that I can use my overlocker with confidence - amazing!  It was also lovely to spend the day with a room of like-minded sewists, chatting about sewing-related stuff and drinking copious cups of tea.

Red velvet cake from the Persian cafe down the road - what else?!

I would highy recommend a Guthrie & Ghani sewing course to anyone who wants to learn a lot in a short space of time, and really push their knowledge to the next level.  I loved it so much, I've booked to go back for a two day course in the summer.  Watch this space!

No comments: