Sunday 2 January 2011

Whoopie New Year!


I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and a wonderful new year, and that by now your heads are back to normal!

As part of my Christmas present, Mr Deravelled bought me a recipe book full of recipes for whoopie pies, and a whoopie pie baking sheet. As I have never made whoopie pies before, I was eager to have a go. I set to work yesterday (with some help from the Moomin, of course!) and made chocolate pies with vanilla buttercream filling. And they are very yummy, if I do say so myself! I made 22 pies, and now only have 6 left, so they are proving very popular!! If you get a chance, pick up a copy of the whoopie pies book and have a go yourself!

It's back to work for most of us on Tuesday. Luckily Mr Deravelled and I have a weekend away in Scotland to look forward to for our wedding anniversary next weekend, and then my 30th birthday celebrations the weekend after that! I think it's important at this time of year to have things to look forward to. There's nothing worse than coming out of the party season looking at the whole grey month of January stretching out in front of you endlessly. Mr Deravelled and I have discussed booking a two week holiday away every January, so that by the time we get back the month will already be half over. Good plan, huh? ;)

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

Gemma xx

1 comment:

The sewing room said...

Oh your whoopie pies look deliciouse first time i have seen these i bet they taste great. Sounds like you will be busy this month best wishes for your 30th and your wedding anniversary.

Hugs Pat.