Friday 16 January 2009

A little shopping spree


Today the Moomin and I went to our local indoor market to pick up some new thread. As you can see, we came away with a little more than the planned white gutermann!! I found some nice denim fabric, which I bought a metre of to make into a tote bag for a friend (she saw mine, and decided she had to have one!). To go with the denim, I picked out a lovely smoke grey zip, to turn the tote into an everyday handbag, with a bit more security when carrying keys and purses, etc.



I got the white thread (hurrah!!), but then also had to take home a spool each of ivory, sunshine yellow, tangerine and nut brown threads, as they were such gorgeous, happy colours. I will use the yellow thread to sew the Moomin's new curtains (I ordered the fabric yesterday - a lovely cheery yellow cotton with white polka dots - the Moomin's choice!!). The ivory thread will be used to sew a skirt I am going to make for myself, the tangerine thread I chose to compliment the denim fabric I bought to make the bag for my friend, and I haven't yet decided what to use the lovely nut brown thread for yet - sometimes it's nice just to know you have it!!

After searching for nearly two years, I also finally found the perfect sterling silver charm bracelet for the Moomin. She received several precious charms for her first birthday and naming ceremony, and I have been searching since then for a tasteful charm bracelet, to no avail. I found this one in H Samuel purely by accident whilst I was waiting for them to replace my watch battery for me. And even better, it had been reduced from £50 to £29.99!! Whoop whoop! :)

I also couldn't resist picking up the latest issue of Country Living magazine. I am trying to curb my obsession with all things home-making magazine this year, but I decided to treat myself to a little light reading, seeing as it was my birthday on Tuesday!!

Right, I'm off to make a cup of tea and get the Moomin some juice. Then I've got to decide what to make for dinner, as Mr Deravelled will be home in about half an hour, after an exhausting drive home in heavy traffic. I'm thinking fish pie. Or maybe stir fried chicken breast in hoi sin sauce with rice. Mmmmmmmm..... :)

1 comment:

The sewing room said...

Hi cant wait to see the bag and the little bracelet is lovely ,
Best wishes Pat