Saturday 16 August 2008

More Stash!!




Yesterday, The Moomin, Mum and I took a trip into the local town so the Moomin could have her feet measured, as we thought they had grown. Turns out they had, and she's now a 7E!! So she got new pink shoes from Clarks, which she is very pleased with.

I picked up some bargains whilst in town. In Woolworths, they were selling Patons Fab! 100g balls for £1 each, so I picked up 2 balls of black, 2 of white, and 2 of cream. We then went to the market, where I picked up 2 balls of James C Brett Denim DK in a denim colour, one ball of elmo red, and one of cookie monster blue. Surprise surprise I'm going to use the blue and red yarns to make the Moomin a cookie monster and an Elmo, as she loves those characters!! From another stall I managed to get a small silver jingly bell for the Moomin's cat that I'm making now.

I also picked up a pair of 2.75mm metal needles in the PDSA charity shop (35p!!!), and a pair of 2.5mm metal needles in Dunelm. When we got home, my Mum gave me her copy of Nursery Knits, by Zoe Mellor, which is a gorgeous book full of yummy patterns for clothes and toys etc. She also gave me some of her yarn remnants for me to knit more preemie hats. I might even have a go at a pair of booties!! All in all, a great bargain stash day!! :D

No comments: