Tuesday 12 August 2008

Argh!! The hat is too small for the Moomin!!


Well, I finished the hat for the Moomin whilst at my parents' on Sunday, and guess what?! It's too small! I've checked the measurements against my chart of head sizes to ages etc, and it turns out that this hat will fit a 3 - 6 month old, which is poo, seeing as the Moomin turns two in less than eight hours!!

Ah well, back to the needles I suppose. I will have to get some circular needles to knit a bigger size for her, as the hat really looks lovely now it's all made up. Luckily, we have been invited to some of Mr Deravelled's friends' baby girl's blessing ceremony, so we may include the hat as a gift for her.

Now on the needles is another preemie hat. This time it's going to be tiny. Before I used a pair of 3.75mm needles, this time I'm using a pair of 2.75 needles. Already it looks loads smaller. I will take photos tomorrow or wednesday, when I'm not being so lazy!! :)

No comments: